Fans on Fire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fans on Fire

Fans on Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Kermit4Prez
LordHardware
aander91
Glue
Jama7301
Zpj
bluedude426
motorhead14
12 posters

November Guitar Fretting Competition (Early Start)

Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Fans on Fire Original Zpj ZA Posts : 1540

November Guitar Fretting Competition (Early Start) - Page 5 Empty Re: November Guitar Fretting Competition (Early Start)

Post by Zpj Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:29 am

Thanks mate, it means a lot to me Awsum Face.

I was really afraid that people would say it's way over-charted and all I did was spam notes everywhere, because I know it looks that way. I did try not to chart both hands, but it just felt weird not to, because I can clearly hear notes being played there, it would just feel wrong if I didn't fret it Smile.

Sorry it was so difficult, but I really like that song Smile.

Piano is really hard to chart. I mean, there are only 5 fret buttons and there are like 88 keys on a keyboard XD.
    aander91
    aander91
    Dedicated Member

November Guitar Fretting Competition (Early Start) - Page 5 Empty Re: November Guitar Fretting Competition (Early Start)

Post by aander91 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 am

You did very well. While the song demanded it resemble a spam chart, you made it hard while still sensible. I could always follow it and all the changes made sense.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:03 am

Awesome Smile.
    LordHardware
    LordHardware
    Citizen

LordHardware Fans on Fire Original Posts : 1952

Post by LordHardware Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:29 am

i didnt play any Awsum Face
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am

Then start? Razz
    BSRaven
    BSRaven
    True Member

BSRaven Fans on Fire Original Posts : 567

Post by BSRaven Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 am

Last in a contest of 3?

Goddamnit.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:46 am

Actually, you scored second place there, I would have been happy with a second Razz.
    aander91
    aander91
    Dedicated Member

Post by aander91 Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Have you seen their charts BSR?
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

1000 posts?  Damn straight! Posts : 1300

Post by Jama7301 Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:21 pm

I'll post something about the songs later after my classes finish.
    BSRaven
    BSRaven
    True Member

Post by BSRaven Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Zpj wrote:Actually, you scored second place there, I would have been happy with a second Razz.

My point still stands.

@Jama: Not yet. I posted that during the hours of edumacation.
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Whoo, time to get down to reviewin'. I'll probably end up typing decent length reviews for each one... yaaaay for spoilers!
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Time for my results/reviews...

BSRaven
    Spoiler:

Zpj
    Spoiler:
    Kvlt

Spoiler:
    aander91
    aander91
    Dedicated Member

Post by aander91 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:26 am

Solid reviews Jama, very good. I wrote pretty much the same thing, however that got lost due to a clean install of 7. :/

However, I found quite a few more errors in BSRs. The chart seemed messy and was oddly charted in the solo. The root of the problem seemed to be in the beat syncing. It seemed sloppy and therefore the notes were off the beatlines and it looked like a Puppetz chart.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:12 am

Ouch, I was really expecting BSR to do good :S.
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:16 am

I realize that I should not judge again...ever.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:50 am

Oh no, you did good.
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:52 am

But no numbers and no rankings Razz

There is a difference between judging and reviewing haha.
    aander91
    aander91
    Dedicated Member

Post by aander91 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 am

I didn't do numbers either.
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 am

Normally you do though, haha. Now to wait for anything else to crop up in this pig.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 am

What pig? Razz.
    Jama7301
    Jama7301
    Dedicated Member

Post by Jama7301 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:43 am

By pig I meant thread, would you prefer beast, or some other noun? Motha fukka perhaps?
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:51 am

Ah, nah I was just making sure.
    BSRaven
    BSRaven
    True Member

Post by BSRaven Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:45 pm

aander91 wrote:was oddly charted in the solo.

Hm... I can see where you're coming from the--

aander91 wrote:Looked like a Puppetz chart

I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult. On the compliment hand, compared to Puppetz charts. On the insult side, Puppetz charts do suck at beatsynching sometimes...
    aander91
    aander91
    Dedicated Member

Post by aander91 Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Yeah sorry, should've clarified. Puppetz's beatsyncing is from what I've seen, extremely messy, and it's obvious that he synced many notes without the guide of the BPM lines. It seemed synced decently, not perfect, but it wasn't horrible. You can get that perfect level by making sure all your Beatlines are dead on first. You use dB right? Might I recommend EOF for at least syncing? I use a mixture of both for my charts and I find EOF to be much more flexible when syncing.
    Zpj
    Zpj
    Ex-Parrot

Post by Zpj Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:06 am

I totally agree about EOF.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am